Most of the time you do not notice your air conditioner or heater, except for being grateful to have it. You most probably don’t even think about it when you switch it on or off. It’s only when it begins to have issues that you pay attention to your air conditioner. Your HVAC system is responsible for keeping your domestic premises comfortable all year. Unfortunately, there are times when your heating and cooling system will need maintenance; it may let you know by giving off specific sounds. If you hear any of these noises given below, it is time to call in the HVAC professionals from Quick Air.
Squealing or Screeching noises from the HVAC system
When you hear squeaking or squealing noises from your HVAC system, which can be a symbol that a belt is jaded or there is a problem in the blower motor. In any of these cases, you will just need an expert technician to replace the bearing or belt, or apply a lubricant to the parts. At times, the screeching noises could be an alarming sign that the blower is breaking down.
Rattling, clanking, or banging noise
The ventilation, heating, and air-conditioning keeps your home climate even. There are certain HVAC noises that will set off alarm bells when you hear them and force you to schedule an appointment with a professional right away.
- If your unit hisses while running, it may indicate an internal valve leak, a leaky refrigerant line, or high pressure on the compressor.
- If you hear the clicking sound at the time of start-up or shutting down or constantly when the air conditioner is running, it may show there are electrical control problems. The clicking might occur because of a problem or a defective relay with the thermostat.
- Rattling, thumping, and banging, such sounds indicate that something is becoming loose in the blower or motor. If the thumping gets loud, it shows that whatever was loosening has now snapped off.
- Vibrating or humming sounds show that the motor has loose parts or is out of balance. A louder noise shows that you must get it checked as soon as possible. Humming could also point to the straining of the compressor, or that your motor is not working properly.
- Buzzing sounds indicate that there could be many wrong things like debris, loose parts, a defective air filter that needs to be changed, a loose fan motor, or a severe refrigerant leakage.
- Grinding sounds could indicate an issue with the compressor. As the air conditioner stops working properly, the pistons can produce these sounds.
- Screeching or squealing sounds points to a defective or failing part like a bad belt, motor bearing problems, loose fan motor, the refrigerant is leaking, or the air filters must be changed.
- If your unit is usually quiet but out of nowhere it starts making sounds, you must call for an HVAC repair immediately.
Finding a well-trained and professional HVAC technician when you want your system serviced is extremely important. Quick Air can help you with your noisy HVAC system repair, maintenance or installation. You need somebody whom you can trust to properly inspect, diagnose the issue, and maintain your unit efficiently. We provide top-quality, professional HVAC services that can take care of all your heating and cooling needs. Call us at 1300 730 896.