Quick Air recommends lifting the lid on your air conditioner and giving it a good clean.
Inside the unit are filters, designed to catch dust and microbes. Amongst other things, these need fairly regular cleaning before they impact the performance of the unit. They can collect moisture which leads to mould growth while running the unit will emit the dust or bacteria into the air that can be harmful to the health of your family.
Quick Air provides speciality cleaning services assuring prolonged life and quality of the air. We recommend that you do a clean at least once a year, but we also recommend that you get a professional to extensively clean your unit.
We recommend a thorough clean of your air conditioner for the following reasons:
- It increases the lifespan of your system
- Keeps your system performing efficiently
- Removes mould and other contaminants for cleaner air
- Keep the office and family healthy
- Lower power bill due to increased efficiency
What's involved in a clean
- Removal of parts (if necessary) - including fan barrel and drain pan assembly - washing all parts with a non-acidic coil cleaning agent
- Spraying coil with a coil cleaning agent
- Wipe down mould with healthy mould killer
- Outdoor unit - general wash with water
- Clean the condenser and evaporator coils
- Tighten and check all electrical connections
- Make sure the system has the correct refrigerant levels
- Flush the drain
- Recommend repairs for faulty parts (if necessary)
This is not something you should try yourself. Our technicians are trained and have specialised equipment including protective equipment to prevent the harmful effects of contaminants doing any damage to their health. If you would like to know more about our cleaning services in your area, please contact us on 1300 730 896 to find out more.