You want your family to enjoy the perfect temperature all year around. However, the change in weather and increasing electricity bills become obstacles to that ideal. By slightly changing your thermostat settings now and then, you can achieve the ideal temperature and can also cut down on heavy electricity bills.
How is it possible?
Read on to understand how you can set the thermostat while maintaining a perfect balance of comfort for your budget.
Thermostat Settings - That will feel right and save $$
Several factors add to the list of components that can affect the temperature of a house, including the house size, type of weather, number of people living in the house, etc. Research claims that the best room temperature, especially for a comfortable sleep, is between 18 to 24 degrees Celsius.
Below we have discussed some of the temperatures that you can use in different weathers and situations.
- In winters, keep the temperature from 18°C to 24°C if you are at home. However, if you are away or sleeping at night, 14°C to 18°C is ideal. Why do we say that? It is because most people prefer to sleep in a cooler environment whilst enjoying the warmth and coziness of their blankets and doonas.
- In summers, set the thermostat to 25°C when you are at home, but when you go out for work or shopping, increase the temperature up to 30°C. This will help you save as much as 10% on cooling cost, and you can easily cool things down once you return home.
Thermostat Setting: Do's and Don’ts
- Do not set the thermostat at a colder temperature than normal. It will not aid in any way to make your house environment cooler; instead, it will result in excessive cooling and increased bills.
- Programmable thermostats are easily adjustable to their environment compared to manually changing the settings. They can bring the temperature back to normal automatically when you return home or wake up.
- Set your thermostat at a high temperature in winter and after every 1-hour, decrease the temperature by 1 degree only. This exercise will help you save a lot on bills.
- Your heater efficiency means a lot as it converts 100% electricity into heat. So make sure it is working at the highest efficiency level.
- Keep your heater maintenance up to date and in case of any breakdown, make sure that only a good heater service technician deals with it.
- A humidifier also plays a significant role in the comfort of your household environment. They provide a layer of moisture to your skin, so keep an eye on the house humidity level as well.
The best-suited thermostat setting for every house depends on their preference and budget. Therefore the wisest option is to invest in the above options and follow the settings that are pocket-friendly, affordable, and bring added comfort.